Sometimes I wonder about stereotypes but then I realise that on this day in 1941, Britain’s Air Force dropped 75,000 teabags over the occupied Netherlands with the message “Holland will arise. Keep your courage up.”
WE GAVE THEM TEA TO RESIST THE NAZIS.
IT WORKED, DIDN’T IT, WE WON.
- If you say your Philippines OC is Spain’s precious Mija, I will slap a “Noli Me Tangere” by Jose Rizal book in your face.
- If you say America is Philippines awesome sugoi hero/big brother/lover, I will slap a “Philippine Society and Revolution” by Amado Guerrero book in your face. Same if you say that Spain civilized us. Actually, this book kinda covers almost all…=3=
- I can give you a library full of books that says how much US is not our sugoi hero, (namely, the UP Diliman main library).
- If you say Romano and Philippines is historically canon, I will slap a history book on your face. Simple as that.
- If you ship Philippines and Japan as kawaii otaku pair without considering the war crimes that are still denied ‘til today, I’ll slap “Without Seeing the Dawn” by Stevan Javellana on your face. There’s also “Comfort Women: Slave of Destiny” an autobiography of Maria Rosa Henson but it’s only 120 pages or so so it won’t hurt that much. Also the PSR book I mentioned because Japan also contributes in monopolizing capitals and resources in the Philippines.
- If you make a Mindanao OC yandere, I’ll slap a “Bangsamoro Quest” by Datu Michael Mastura on your face. I’ll also slap you.
PLEASE DON’T MAKE ANY FICS OR ART OR EVEN ROLEPLAYS ABOUT THE BOSTON TRAGEDY, REAL PEOPLE DIED THERE AND THEIR FAMILIES ARE REALLY SAD NOW.
I’M SURE MANY OF THE HETALIA FANS ARE GOOD PEOPLE, MANY OF MY FRIENDS LIKE HETALIA AND THEY’RE ARE REALLY NICE BUT PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU
DON’T MAKE ANY HETALIA FANWORK RELATED TO THE BOSTON TRAGEDY PLEASE IS REALLY OFFENSIVE, HAVE SOME EMPATHY AND RESPECT THE ONES WHO DIED AND GOT INJURED AT THE EXPLOSIONS
There are numerous reports of explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. We aren’t speculating on what is going on but our thoughts and prayers go out to those in Boston.
If you are in the area, keep an eye on each other and stay safe. Here’s what you can do to help:
- Looking for a runner? Use this form.
- If you’re trying to call someone in Boston, phone lines are jammed. SMS, Twitter, and Facebook might work better. [Lifehacker]
- Live news updates on The Verge
- Reconnect with loved ones in Boston on Red Cross Safe and Well
- Donate blood at the Boston American Red Cross
- If you have extra blankets and live near the Boston Common, there are a LOT of cold runners being corralled there [@ajsfour]
- Live radio stream: 90.9 WBUR NPR
- If you’re a business in Boston, now would be a good time to unlock your Wi-Fi to help people connect with concerned family and friends. [@strngwys]
- If any runners are displaced and needs a place to stay in Boston tonight, I have connections with space, email me. [@petershankman]
- If any family members of victims need help w/ airfare or more, email me directly and @hope will cover it. email@example.com & 678.641.5016 [@ShaunKing]